Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lines From Paolo


Hi guys! Let me take this technology-given chance to stay connected with you even if it remains virtual.

I have this pleasure of sharing with you some encouraging and motivating lines from a book I have just read. Describing the lines as inspirational would be bulls eye. Everybody knows that I don’t read a lot (at least for now) but a glance from a book by Paolo Coelho pushed me to finish his book, cover to cover. Whoa! Aside from the not-so-famous book of Dan Brown (Da Vinci Code), which I also finished reading not because of it being famous but because I had a skin allergy that I had to stay home for two weeks and reading was the only thing I can do in bed, I also found interest in reading Paolo Coelho. I mean I was not at all enticed to read it at first. I do not know why my cousin spends so much time reading Paolo Coelho. I think it’s way too boring to sit at one corner and read a thick book and imagining myself at a corner with a book is hilarious. Haha.


Anyway, one day I saw the book that my cousin was reading on the table. I took it and flipped the pages and had a glance of what’s inside it. I was about to close and drop the book back to where it was originally placed when suddenly I read this line that made me open the book again and read as it was placed there “I have always been true. I don't play the role that others chose for me.” Paolo Coelho has a point and I found myself nodding at his thought. Life is not a one-act-play, it’s about playing the game with the rules that’s familiar to us. The nodding continued with the next lines I have read without noticing that I was then finished reading the first page. I flipped the page to the next, to the next, and to the next page. This is something you don't see everyday. Haha. I can remember this line, “I know if I wait for the ideal moment, I will never set off. In this life, it is impossible to foresee everything.” I agree. A hundred percent. How about you? Oftentimes we take so much time at thinking about doing one thing and realizing at the end that we haven’t done anything at all. We’ll sit at one corner and think what could have happened had we done the things we wanted before.


Here are some other lines which I found interesting: “ I always remember the rules of combat, set down by Chuan Tzu three thousand years ago. Faith: Before going into the battle, you must believe in the reasons of the fight. Companions: Choose your allies and learn to fight in company, for no one ever won a war single handedly. Time: A battle in winter is different from a battle in summer; a good warrior is careful to select the right moment to begin a fight. Space: One does not fight in the same way in a mountain pass as one would on a plain. Think about your surroundings and how best to move around them. Strategy: The best Warrior is the one who plans his fight. “

The book said so much and I have heard them all. What seemed to a boring hobby turned to be a meaningful one. Maybe with some books like this and that of Dan Brown, I will learn to love reading inch by inch. Now I know why my cousin spends so much of her time on reading Paolo Coelho.You gotta read it too and believe me when I say it's worth a try. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment